Who doesn’t love the holiday season? We get to see family from out of town, get a couple of days off work, eat some fantastic food, and get to SHOP! GSB and SHAZAM are always working to ensure your information is safe. However, there are some things you can do this holiday season to ensure safe debit card use and that you are being proactive at keeping those Grinchy fraudsters away!
SHAZAM helps to monitor your account and alerts you by call or text when they come across a transaction that doesn’t look right.
- Respond back to them as quickly as possible to ensure they can stop a fraudulent transaction if it occurs.
- Make sure that the number is from SHAZAM. The number they will call from is 855-219-5399 and they will text you from the short code number 72718.
- It is important to keep your address and phone number updated with GSB. This helps us make sure it is up to date with SHAZAM.
- It is also important to note: SHAZAM will never ask you for your account (debit card) number. If the caller is asking for it, hang up.
If your debit card gets lost or stolen, please call your GSB branch during normal business hours so we can block your card and get you a new one ordered. In case you lose your card after regular business hours, you can call SHAZAM at 800-383-8000.
Are you traveling this year? Follow these handy tips:
- Let us know! Submit a travel notice through your SHAZAM BOLT$ app or give us a call during normal business hours, and we will submit a travel notice for you.
- Bring a backup! Bring more than one form of payment with you during your travels in case of fraud on your debit card.
- Use your PIN! Using your PIN as much as possible adds another layer of security.