We are always looking for outstanding candidates to join our team of employees across our branches. In order to be considered for employment with Grinnell State Bank each applicant must complete the following steps below, call in or stop into any of our branches for an application and submit all information to our Human Resources Department.
Marengo Job Openings
Location | Marengo
Job Description | We are looking for a competitive insurance agent to generate new business by contacting potential customers. You will sell, solicit, differentiate and negotiate insurance plans that match the needs of your assigned or prospective customers’ portfolio. The goal is to build up strong positive relationships, to ensure growth attainment and increase our firm’s reputation. You will help maintain our current book of business as well.
- Promote all types of new insurance contracts or suggest additions/changes to existing ones
- Breed productive relationships to create a pool of prospective clients from various sources by networking, cold calling, using referrals etc
- Evaluate business or individual customers’ needs and financial status and propose protection plans that meet their criteria
- Work with clients to deliver risk management strategies that fit their risk profiles
- Report the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to supervisor
- Maintain bookkeeping systems, database and records
- Monitor insurance claims to ensure mutual satisfaction
- Achieve customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives
- Constantly update job knowledge and learn about new products and services
- Fulfill all policy requirements
- Proven working experience as an Insurance agent or relevant experience
- Familiarity with all types of insurance plans (automobile, fire, life, property, medical etc)
- Basic computer knowledge and statistical analysis
- Proven ability to work with goals
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present, influence and sell effectively
- Experience in delivering client-focused solutions and in creating long-lasting relationships
- High school or College Education
- Stay current with insurance licenses and continuing education
Location | Marengo
Job Description | Provide service to our customers by processing a variety of transactions, answer customer questions and cross-sell different products and services in other departments.
- Receive and process checking/saving deposits, withdrawals, credit card advances, prepare change orders and cash checks upon proper verification of signatures and balance in account, etc.
- Issues cashier’s checks and money orders, etc.
- Balance cash drawer and ATM daily and report any discrepancies to the supervisor.
- Process night depository bags and mail transaction, then record the proper information on the required forms.
- Additional responsibilities may include filing, answering phones and all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Provide support for online and mobile banking products and services
- High School diploma or GED
- Prior customer service skills preferred
- Have knowledge in basic computer skills and Microsoft office
- Good communication and math skills
- Accurate and detail-oriented, with the ability to complete complex transactions
- Must be able to work independently and with others
Step 1: Create cover letter and current resume
Step 3: Email the documents to our human resources team or drop them off at any bank branch.
Send your cover letter and resume to our Human Resources team.
*You are advised to not include sensitive or confidential information (i.e. Social Security #, account #’s or pass code ID information etc.) within any “unencrypted” email communication.*
*Grinnell State Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer!