Austin is an Iowa boy. Born, raised, educated, works and lives in the great state of Iowa for his entire life. He graduated from the University of Northern Iowa with a BA in Mathematics and graduated from the University Of Wisconsin Graduate School Of Banking. Austin has been with Grinnell State bank since 1986 and is now the President and serves on the Board of Directors. He oversees the Investment, Trust, and Computer departments of the bank and sits on the Executive Committee. Austin is also the President of Grinnell Wealth Management, which is the Bank’s Full Service Brokerage, Trust and Insurance Division. It offers a full line of investments, trusts, Property, Commercial and Life Insurance Products.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Arts in Mathematics – University of Northern Iowa
- Graduate Degree in Banking – Graduate School of Banking at the University of Wisconsin – Madison
- 30 years of Investment Experience – Grinnell Investor Center
COMMUNITY & PROFESSIONAL INVOLVEMENT
- Monmouth College Trustees Treasurer
- Trustee of the Mayflower Homes – a senior retirement housing community in Grinnell
- Former President of the Greater Poweshiek Community Foundation
- Grinnell Area Arts Council Treasurer
COMMUNITY & PROFESSIONAL INVOLVEMENT (CONT)
- Former Treasurer of the United Church of Christ Congregational – Grinnell
- Board of Directors of the Les Hale Foundation a division of the University of Northern Iowa Foundation
- Grinnell Regional Medical Center Foundation
- Grinnell Kiwanis Club
- Grinnell Bicycle Club
- Mayflower Homes Foundation
- Galaxy Youth Center
- American Cancer Society
- The City of Grinnell Mayors Council
Fun facts about Austin: he has been married to his wonderful wife since 1986. He is the father of three beautiful daughters, two of which work for Grinnell State Bank full time and one who is a project manager, and is the grandfather to two wonderful grandchildren. He is proud to have participated in 21 RAGBRAIs, which is an annual bicycle ride across Iowa. He has being doing Triathlons since 1990 and has completed three Ironman Length Triathlons and in 2013 was ranked in the top 2% of all triathletes in his age group. Austin swam in High School and has officiated swimming since 1982. Additionally, Austin has been very active in University and Community Theaters. He has played King Arthur in Camelot in two different productions, along with numerous dramatic roles.
Connect with AUSTIN OR GIVE HIM A CALL
You are advised to not include sensitive or confidential information (i.e. Social Security #, account #’s or pass code ID information etc.) within any “unencrypted” email communication.